2.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Cincinnati Bell is focused on putting their fioptics internet in rural areas right now because they get government assistance (read money) for doing so. I live in a "non rural" area that has horrid service from being too far from their central office and where no other providers exist.

I suffer horrible speeds and horrible service due to bad cabling in the area (their new modem units show this natively.) The other end of the street I live on gets fiber. My side will not anytime soon. I was originally told by a corporate employee early 2017 we'd see fiber. Since it's now 2017 I called and was told that employee must have lied to me, as her note in their system said maybe 2018, but not set in stone.

That employee from what I was told was fired. So...great? I've had techs come out, as we have to have them out often, and they always complain about how often they get called out to my area and how they wish they'd just put fiber in soon. Even had a tech who debated on running my line down to the other end of the street to stop me having to call service all the time, but he was worried he'd get in trouble for fixing the customers issue.

Not impressed. I hope to move somewhere in the near future that has options from at least Time Warner, as I will gladly overpay with Time Warner than ever pay Cincinnati Bell again. Not to mention, We had extremely bad service for a year. I kept calling techs out and they kept telling me I was crazy.

I kept telling them their cable pair I was on was bad. Finally got a tech who said, "might as well test it and see" and sure enough the cable pair I was on was bad. That really pissed me off. Bunch of techs who were either lazy or didn't care.

I work in this field. I always respectfully tell them that when they show up, just to point out I understand what they are talking about and I actually know what I am doing.

Review about: Cincinnati Bell Dsl Internet Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Florence, Kentucky, United States #1272898

Their service is horrible even in urban city areas. They are expensive and their service is very unreliable and is constantly going out.