2.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Long story short, I have talked to 5 people on live chat, sent numerous emails, and have talked on the phone to 2 different people. I've been respectful to all customer service representatives, but I have been met with nothing but lies and deceit.

I am currently paying for the 300 mb/s + internet package and I have yet to surpass pulling 100 mb/s. Most of the time, I am pulling less than 50 and all day yesterday I was pulling ~20. I couldn't even stream a movie while downloading Diablo 3. Everytime I talk to someone from CB, they say "Oh, have you tried resetting your modem." Yes, I have.

Multiple times. Then from there, I was told that their "higher up support" would look into my issue and would call me back the next day. Guess who never called me and I have yet to hear back from? Seriously, they act like they care about your problems, tell you what you want to hear, but everything they say is a lie.

Don't trust these people and definitely don't give them your money. I am taking my business to Spectrum.

Note: I get why they bottleneck some people, as they don't use as much as everyone else, but that is the same as buying a Lamborghini and when you try and push it to 180 MPH, you get stopped at 100 MPH because there is no reason for you to go to 180 MPH. No, I paid to go fast, so give me what I paid for.

Review about: Cincinnati Bell Bundle.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: How nice the customer service representatives were.

I didn't like: How deceitful the customer service representatives are.

Comments

You will never ever get the speeds you are paying for or are promised with Cincinnati Bell. It isn't their modems either.

Its the garbage service itself and yea they are deceitful liars. I went around and around with these foreign a*s clowns for months and the slow internet and frequent outage problems never got fixed. Even with direct ethernet connected to my laptop I never got half the download speeds I was promised. They never gave an explanation as to why.

Cincinnati Bell is not the company it use to be.

It usw to be good. They obviously don't care about customers anymore because service is all outsourced to the Phillipines.

CincinnatiBell
Cincinnati Bell Verified Representative

Hi there! I understand you are concerned by seeing slow internet speeds and feel it is throttling.

As your local hometown provider, we do not throttle our customers' internet speeds. In fact, we advertise and include 300mb as our default speed in our bundle packages.

I do know that the above speed test server is not recommended or guaranteed. Speedtest.net actively offers the Troy, Ohio server which has significant issues due to the volume of requests hitting the server.

The server does not have the proper resources to handle it which causes the problem.

With that being said, we never want you to experience issues. We'd like to troubleshoot the problem with you and have our network engineers run tests.

Please email cbsocialmedia@cinbell.com with your account number so we can help. -Jonah