Cincinnati Bell charged $557.93 after account was closed!
On Monday September 9, 2013, I received a “Past Due” bill ($557.93) for a Cincinnati Bell account I closed in June of 2013.The “Past Due” statement said that I had a “serious delinquency” with my account and they were going to be sending me to a collection agency.
When I closed my account in June, I had a 0.00 balance. I logged into my old account and it stated that I have a 0.00 balance. I called Cincinnati Bell to resolve this issue. The customer service representative first told me that it was my old bill.
I told her that I had paid my bill in full, in June, and my bill had never been delinquent. My bill has never been over $78.00 a month and paid timely each month. The customer service representative told me that I had 2 phones on the account. I let her know that there had never been 2 phones on the account.
There has only been 1 phone line with one phone. The customer service representative told me that she would have to look into it and put me on hold. When she came back on the line, she told me that the company had charged me for a new phone, AFTER I closed my account. She told me that it was a mistake and she had it taken care of and that I didn’t owe any money, and to disregard the bill.
I asked her to send me a letter or a bill stating that I had a zero balance. She told me that she could not send a letter to someone with a closed account. I asked her to send me an email stating that I had a zero balance, and she told me that she could not send me an email, again, since my account had been closed. I asked to speak with a supervisor, to see if the supervisor could send me a letter.
At 6:45pm the customer service representative then put me on hold for 15 minutes. The customer service representative came back on the line and told me that she was transferring me to a manager right away.
The customer service representative then TRANSFERRED ME TO AN ANSWERING SERVICE THAT STATED THE OFFICE CLOSED AT 7:00!!!!!The customer service representative kept me on hold until the manager’s office closed and then put me into an automated answering service that told me to call back the next day!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Account Charge
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Directv / at and t combo...this was my installation ...damaged 2 walls and my ceiling and then told me if I cancelled my contract I would have to pay an..."
- "MagicJack (MJ) works well for many people. However, if you introduce something as simple as a â€˜routerâ€™, then, MJ may have a hard time, as I have had. When..."
- "PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE!!!! I was told they have 24/7 service and their website says 24/7 service, their website has a CHAT TAB and you tap it but..."
- "They are the worst company i have ever dealt with. I ordered beautiful flowers for my niece and what she received was horrible. It looked lime they stopped at a..."
- "This place *** suck , the manager as yet to return my calls and when I go to the office she is to busy to talk. I reported i have..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "Like another reviewer, I had the gold not orange granules, a little black too, but mostly these tiny gold, round granules like grains of sand or salt, as you can..."
- "Lebron James and the Cavs came to Cincy last Wednesday night 10/15/14. I would have gotten tickets earlier but my son was supposed to have a soccer game -..."
- "There are two types of companies: Those that thrive on a loyal customer base by keeping their customers happy, and those that rely on a constant in-flow of new customers..."